Pre-polling kicks off today
UP TO five million Australians are anticipated to cast their vote prior the federal election on May 18.
Western Downs residents can make an early decision at the ballot box with a Dalby pre-polling venue opening today.
Locals will have a choice of seven candidates for the seat of Maranoa.
Incumbent David Littleproud (LNP) will be challenged by Linda Little (ALP), Rosemary Moulden (One Nation), Anthony Wallis (Katter Party), Emmeline Chidley (Greens), Julie Marie Saunders (United Australia), and Darren Lee Christiansen (Conservative National).
The Australian Electoral Commission site says pre-polling is available for anyone who is:
- travelling at the time of the official voting date,
- outside the electorate they are enrolled to vote, or more than 8km from a polling place,
- unable to leave work to vote,
- seriously ill, due to give birth, or a patient in hospital who is unable to vote,
- subject to religious beliefs that prevent them from attending a polling spot,
- in prison serving a sentence of less than three years or have been detained otherwise,
- a silent elector, or
- reasonably fearing for their safety.
Head to the Stuart Street Centre (2/8 Stuart St) to vote ahead of time.
Monday 29 April - Friday 3 May (8.30am -5.30pm)
Monday 6 May - Thursday 9 May (8.30am -5:30pm)
Friday 10 May (8.30am -6pm)
Saturday 11 May (9am -4pm)
Monday 13 May - Tuesday 14 May (8.30am -5.30pm)
Wednesday 15 May (8.30am -6pm)
Thursday 16 May (8.30am -5.30pm)
Friday 17 May (8.30am - 6pm)